18 October, 2010

Day 2  - Wednesday night,wrote 1 page

"I think I'm going to get all my stuff and head back to the room..." - Kristy
"Fine then, be that color" - Sonner
"Did you just say 'be that color'?" - Kristy
"Yes... & I can say that because we have a black president now." - Sonner

"Did you pretend you had a girlfriend to go see Twilight? Like a best friend or something" - ?
"Haha of course not - the first time I went with my little sister then the second time was with a 12 year old..."   - Jeremy (29)
*everyone in the room just exchanged a very puzzled look* "Bhahahahahahahah!" - everyone (even Jeremy)

KIDS!!:)
     - gave me bruises up and down my legs from jumping on me today
     - are FREAKING ADORABLE anyways!
-their craft today was coloring sheets & the soft Styrofoam crosses (with stickers)


What today looked like: Woke up at 7:20, got ready then headed out to Freedom Park: did a little digging with the team but mostly got to play with the kids all day =) I helped them work on numbers 1 - 10 and some colors and days of the week in English and did a little mini photo shoot* with those 10 kids, then we (the team) left FP to come back to the shelter for showers(!), bonding time, dinner (grilled chicken & a potatoes/onions/veggie mix - super good), then bed.
*Photo shoot favorites: 



"You don't know how to pee in public, Taylor? Girl, I'm going to take you out camping so you know how to!" - Kristy

No comments:

Post a Comment