29 April, 2012

God Causes All Things to Work Together for Good

June 5th, Sunday

We left for the Centre with Dan by 8am and went in through the back -> suite -> side door (I felt like we had detail on us "just in case") and we were seated center section, second row. Pastor (PST) Tom introduced us three to the church and we each had to address the congregation for a second - Mrs. Mom talked about undying hospitality in Zimbabwe, then Bren & I said a few words about how it is funny being the ones told we have accents and touched on how nice and welcoming everyone had been so far.

The service was very good itself -- PST Tom spoke on Colossians 3:1-11 which is the same section Andrew spoke on at FUEL (college group at my home church) a few weeks ago about forgiveness. Hearing the same passage-based messages by two different  pastors was good perspective.

After service we went back to the suite for a semi-surprise party for Sarah, popped over to PST Bonnie's cd/book signing, then went back home, chilled, had lunch with the fam + Dennis + Dr. Jess + Nicole & we took our life language tests then slept for a bit before going back for the evening service. I've said in my other journal [posts] and I'll say it again: AFRICAN WORSHIP TIME IS, bar none, THE BEST!! I'd move here forever, right now if it meant not going to another self conscience worship service in America... even though I love my church.

I am sitting here at the front of the house in a wooden chair writing, watching tall branches sway and leaves dance to the ground, listening to Death Cab For Cutie and honestly, truly, cannot think of any single place I'd prefer to be other than here... =)

No comments:

Post a Comment