30 January, 2011

Word Association

Wednesday, August 11, 2010  (we got home the night of the 8th).

36 +1/2 hours of travel later, we're home. Sunday night I got home around 8:30 - 9, showered, tried to eat dinner (fresh salad, bratwurst, grilled zucchini), checked facebook, then was "sleeping like a dead person" by 10:40 and didn't wake up once till 6a Monday morning for work [work = CYT summer camp Area Coordinator(talk to parents and keep everything running smooth and give kids band aids, etc]. Yep, the plan was to bounce right back. Hahah. Went to work at 8, talked with Jenni Hoag about the impact of "missionary trip shell shock" regarding the level of poverty in Freedom Park (much less any 3rd world country)(I mentioned the story of the moms pawning off their 3 year olds), I don't think she'd heard that one before, but I don't remember her exact reaction. We also talked about how eager I am to go back, or go somewhere new, to serve. She thinks it's crazy-awesome how much God seems to have worked in me out in South Africa (because it is) and made sure to note that it is so important to take time to process everything we worked on, saw, and did because then it will benefit me, and possibly/hopefully other people for the rest of my life.

[Here in my journal for some reason I decided to document the rest of the day after camp got out and most all of Tuesday, but it doesn't seem to hold much value so you readers won't have to be concerned with it haha.]

**I'm finding it hard to even know how to process everything right now...!


8/29: 2 of the past 3 nights I have only slept under/with my SA airlines blanket... Coincidence? Maybe. Sub-conscience something? Possibly. [SA airlines blanket = the background for the picture below.]

8/30:


Welcome to the only page of my sketch pad you'll most likely ever see.


Word Association: South Africa
(more like "thought process")
  1. Yes.
  2. Move in June?
  3. Start (mission work) with YWAM? ---> focus on: child ministry, child development, child psychology --> forever?
  4. I feel like I should moce to Rustenburg. This idea makes me feel like crying, except it is good. I don't know why I have this urge... but I don't feel like if it is going to happen in June, then June can't + won't come fast enough
  5. I would like to do this :) God is too good to put this on my heart and not provide the means for it to happen. My heart is with South Africa. My heart is for South Africa. My Heart is in South Africa.
  6. South Africa: sounds lonely...
  7. South Africa: keeps me awake at night
  8. South Africa: seems all I think about most of the time, even being home 22 days + processing all I have from the trip so far...
  9. South Africa: (Congo)(Africa)sounds scary -- 200 women + 4 babies raped?! 
  10. Anything that happens is for God's glory
  11. South Africa: sounds perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment