27 January, 2011

Homeward Bound (pt1)

Day 12 - 1 page. I decided today that I have to marry a South African -- they are SO beautiful & have accents to DIE for!!

On the way to/at the Johannesburg airport.
"I hate Lady Gaga!" - Sean (out of nowhere)
"Hahah, where did that come from?!" -Everybody in the van
"She is just stupid! 'Ale-Ale-Alejandro'? Really? How does she make money off that?!" - Sean
Sean was complaining about almost every aspect of life while we were waiting for people to pay at the counter in "Out of Africa" (a tourist shop in the airport in Jo'burg) - specifically about being hungry, people being slow, stupid goats, being super tired, and people were picking on his hairstyle... Really, Sean, what were you seeing the past two weeks?! haha.

The on-site shelter pastor (Mr. Khumalo) & his wife + their son gave us a really sweet card right before we packed up to head out today...
*"MAY YOUR OBEDIENCE REMAIN OUR TURNING POINT TO CHRIST" (they wrote in caps, maybe just to make it look nice I dunno, but that was one of my favorite parts of their card)
*II Corinthians 9: 11-15 (NIV) 11 You will be enriched in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.  12 This service that you perform is not only supplying the needs of the Lord’s people but is also overflowing in many expressions of thanks to God. 13 Because of the service by which you have proved yourselves, others will praise God for the obedience that accompanies your confession of the gospel of Christ, and for your generosity in sharing with them and with everyone else. 14 And in their prayers for you their hearts will go out to you, because of the surpassing grace God has given you. 15 Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!

Airport dinners in SA = high class: chicken curry with rice, green beans, and sweet potatoes...

Flight.

She was stoked to come home but was uber stressed about Thempi (catch 22)
& I just wasn't ready to leave :(

Sitting next to (Kristy) Murdock; Our captain is named "McYork"
I couldn't get a shot of the sunset because it was happening right when we were checking bags, but what I caught of it was AMAZING!! The sight from my window as we took off from the airport in Jo'burg of the downtown night lights is most likely my new FAVORITE sight ever!! [Even now months later I'm sad that I'm such a rule-follower and didn't sneak out my camera to get a shot of it... :(  ] It was sooo Beautiful (that's right, with a capital "b")!
On this flight I watched Date Night and slept and wrote during the first 8 hours (to Dakar) then the Sex & the City movie somewhere during the second.

No comments:

Post a Comment