18 February, 2011

After being home for 1 month.

September 7th: Amidst writers block on one of those nights you realize you won't be able to sleep until you write down what is on your mind keeping you awake. I'm not sure how much it just sounds like me complaining about my life, which is definitaly the last thing I mean to do. Also, I realize the rhyme scheme is kind of funky, but this one isn't meant to be perfect...



This year I've told so many people
that it is bad to keep everything in
but tonight while trying to word whats on my heart
I feel like it is being clenched shut, with a clothes pin.

There are lots of things on my heart
that I'd like to relay to our nation
but I don't know how to
rid myself of this suffocation.

Situation being what it is is fine,
nobody cares to listen -
nobody even cares to hear.
I figure that is the root where i feel this division.

Each line of a story
will strike everyone differently.
Love, fear, confusion, or anger -
every story brought something new to me.

I wish I could tell you
everything on my mind that
is making my thought process askew.
If anyone had to live my life for a day, their world would fall flat.

No comments:

Post a Comment